Tuesday, October 29, 2013

. 29/10/13 .

I recently had the opportunity to help a good friend of mine on a modeling photoshoot project of his. I'm always curious about how other people work, and what's involved with their process because I feel like I always learn something important from watching others, and reflecting on my own process as a result. So needless to say I was very excited, and felt it would be something interesting to write about. The photoshoot was in room in a larger hotel here in dowtown Winnipeg. I was pleasantly surprised by the model's easy-going attitude and friendliness, it definitely helped to put everyone at ease as this was the first time we were meeting her in person. I'm also a giant animal lover and she happened to have her dog with her, so naturally I turned into a goofy adult-child playing with the dog! Haha. My work involved doing the model's makeup, which I will admit I only have a little experience with, but I had a good idea for a concept and felt confident about it. I was also happy to help with the use of reflectors for lighting during shooting. We also managed to go on a location scouting mission after the hotel photoshoot and a much needed chow down! Haha. The whole experience was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot from everything I saw and helped with. The main thing I learned; It definitely takes A LOT MORE WORK than just the pushing of a button to get a good photograph!

[Here are some behind-the-scenes photos of the day.] 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment